TE Application Tooling, the oldest division of TE Connectivity, is credited with the invention of the first solderless crimp hand tool first developed in 1941, and is an integral component of the TE's value proposition today. Our goal is to provide our customers with high quality, innovative products and services that drive speed, flexibility and value. To achieve these goals, it starts with creating a world-class team of professionals dedicated to delivering excellence. With 26 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide, Application Tooling is truly a global supplier of tooling solutions. From the very hand tool for the US Military through automated tooling solutions for major automotive customers like GM and Ford, TE's Application Tooling division has been making innovative, specialized tooling for wire harness and PC board manufacturers for more than seven decades. Whether you are connecting a wire to a terminal or a terminal to a PC board, making a reliable electrical connection requires highly engineered tools. Simply put, TE Connectivity is the original pioneer and developer of electrical connections - and today continues to lead with tomorrow's innovation, not imitation! Job Overview
The Industrial Engineer is a key member of all new development and improvement projects and is responsible for product standards and accuracy through all stages of the PAC process. Some of the duties include gathering standard costs, capacity monitoring and the creation of various CER's as needed. Person(s) performing this role are models for the TE Connectivity core values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation. While functioning in this role you will be expected to operate at the highest standards of individual and corporate integrity, honor all commitments made while taking personal responsibility for actions/results, and foster an environment that encourages innovation, creativity, excellence and results through teamwork. Our organization strives to practice leadership that teaches, inspires, and promotes full participation of all employees combined with a foundational belief in continuous career development. Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Works with cross functional teams to create cost models for P&L.
- Identifies cost drivers for focused improvement efforts / mfg tooling or process options.
- Engages and collaborates with plant finance and plant IE team members for accurate representation of cost rate assumptions, parameter assumptions and finance methodologies.
- Creates and submits CER's for BU/Segment approval.
- Works directly with Mfg Engineering team to establish ballpark estimates for tooling and develops cost model to determine mfg costs.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities for both material and process savings.
- Maintains capacity database to ensure plant can handle added capacity created by business Growth.
- Evaluates capacity impact for proposed modifications on existing tooling / process / plant operations to help sourcing decision.
- Creates phased mfg capacity plans for ALL New Product Development projects.
- Communicates plans for add-on capital per New Product Development P&L for potential creation of sustaining capacity add project.
- VSM (Value Stream Mapping) for each project.
- Works with ME team to fully understand sourcing decisions for tooling and process.
- Bachelors of Industrial Engineering or similar degree.
- Strong experience and understanding of mfg tooling and processes
- Ability to work towards completion of projects within defined schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a rapidly changing set of objectives.
- Capability to work in a fasted paced, dynamic global environment with multiple changing priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office Software such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- SAP experience.
- Strong project management skills; TE Project experience a plus.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain