Reports To: Patient Care Manager
Position Summary: Provides professional skilled nursing services to individuals/families in the home or in other settings as appropriate and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice, as well as VNAGP policy, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and applies, professional nursing principles, practices and techniques to Community Health Nursing assignments and patient care.
- Plans and manages assigned caseload in collaboration with Patient Care Manager; assesses schedule daily and determines priorities on the basis of patients' levels of health care needs.
- Completes records and reports necessary for patient service and administrative requirements as determined by VNA Philadelphia.
- Attains personal professional growth and maintains clinical competence.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with patients, families, peers, supervisors, and community agencies.
- Meets all performance standards, including those for quality and quantity, as defined by VNA Philadelphia.
- Identifies the need for services of other health care disciplines or agencies and initiates the appropriate referral.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences; facilitates coordinated and comprehensive plans and goals for VNA Philadelphia patients.
- Communicates regularly with other health care providers to develop coordinated plans for patient care.
- Supervises Home Health Aide in completing the established plan for patient care, and evaluates the effectiveness of the service.
- Participates, as assigned, in implementation of the Agency's Quality Assurance Program.
- Participates, as appropriate, in VNA Philadelphia educational activities, including new employee orientation and professional student clinical training and staff education programs.
- Interprets VNA Philadelphia services and programs to individuals/families and personnel of other agencies.
- Participates, as assigned, in community programs.
- Complies with VNA Philadelphia Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Current Pennsylvania RN License or ability to acquire immediately.
- Current Driver's License.
- Knowledge or experience using Home Care Home Base EMR System preferred.
Education: BSN with a minimum of one-year's experience in the provision of relevant direct patient care or RN with a minimum of one-year's experience in med/surge nursing
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, care unit, ccu, hospice, intensive, nurse clinical, recovery, tcu, transitional